Karma is a funny old thing. Sometimes, it won’t rear its ugly head until years after you did something bad- then just when you think you’re in the clear- surprise! Here it is. We’re all for a bit of light-hearted karma to help teach people a lesson, but sometimes, karma just can’t help to take it a little too far, and the consequences can be terrible- and dare we say it- a little hilarious. To prove our point, here are 30 photos to illustrate the times karma got a little carried away. They might make you feel better about your current life situation!We have to admit that this picture worried us a little bit, as we didn’t even believe that the surface of one of these stoves could break like that! This picture leaves us wanting to know the entire backstory. How on earth did this happen??Everyone knows that feeling when you’re starving hungry and the one snack that you had been looking forward to for hours ends up all over the floor. We don’t know what this person did to deserve this, but it must have been something very, very bad. A picture has never broken our hearts like this before.The only thing more embarrassing than a sprinkler in the face is a sprinkler in the face in front of your classmates. This poor child is the unlucky one of the bunch, and we bet his classmates have never let him live this down. Credit to the photographer for quickly capturing this hilarious moment, as well!What kind of bumpy roads had this car been driving on, to achieve a paint explosion on such a magnificent scale? We can imagine the argument between the driver and the passenger all too clearly… “You said you’d secured the lids before we started driving!”Painting at heights can be dangerous in more than one way, as this man soon found out. The splattering of paint on the steps tells a brutal story. We’re going to assume that the man slipped, fell down the stairs with his paint pot in hot pursuit, and ended up covered in it.We reckon it’s pretty easy to step into one of those flat pots of paint, but how did this woman manage to lift her foot high enough and step into the pot without her realizing? Did she deserve it? Possibly.Candles are one of the leading causes of house fires, but it can be pretty easy to forget when you have one on the go. Maybe this person decided to light the candles for a romantic evening, only to later discover that he’d manage to singe a hole in his very expensive laptop. When you try to do a nice thing…We have to say RIP to another stovetop, and probably (saddest of all) the person’s dinner, as well. We’d love to know how this happened.Is this what you get for putting a hot tub on a balcony? Ah well, it could have been worse. At least the quad bike underneath is still in one piece.Considering the fact that washing machines are filled with water the majority of the time they’re in use, we have no idea how this could have happened. We hope there was nothing too expensive inside because we can’t imagine that it would come out looking too great. Quick, put the fire out!